Donkey Kong theories going beyond headcanons.

Monday 18 June 2012

Thoughts

People often wonder why I waste my time writing for blogs like this while I could be doing so much more productive things instead. Well, here's the catch; I'm fairly fluttery and lofty-headed, unlike most people my age. My worst offenses of this case are that I sometimes run around with a red cape, pretending I am K. Rool, or hang upside-down in a bunch of monkey bars and say I'm Diddy when I am in company that doesn't mind. Alas, thinking about too much complicated things at once tends to overheat my brain, and since I cannot change my size to suit my mood I am left with intricate stories, theories, and ideas for a game about an ape with a tie.


I do this because it only needs a certain amount of realism for something to be believable. And with that little bit of realism, I try to look for logical explanations. And instead of going for something more 'serious', like Zelda, I go for a franchise that is under-appreciated and to some people, a tad ridiculous at most.

So, one thing that's required for things like this is an open mind. Sure, Donkey Kong Country is just a game, mostly made with the intention to make money, like so many objects made by man are. But instead of seeing it as just a game... Sure, DK Isle, the Greater Kongo Bongo Isle Chain, Kremlings, Kongs, and Bananus goldus flutterii (common banana birds) don't exist for real. But let's keep an open mind and pretend they are, capiche? It's a lot easier to think of these things behind all this craziness.

And I just really love the game's art - meaning; music, rendering, sound design, backgrounds, etc - and its characters, so yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment